Saturday, December 3, 2011

Purse calendar

Hello, I thought it was about time to post again!  Things are going much better than I thought they would with only one arm.  My husband has been so very helpful.

Today I'm going to show you my appointment calendar that I made to keep in my purse.  I never seem to find what I am looking for in the stores, so last year I made my own and it worked out so well that I made another one for 2012.  I'm using retired Designer Series Paper called Springtime Vintage from last years Stampin' Up! Occasions Mini Catalog.  I love their two sided paper - it is not only pretty, but a joy to work with.  I buy it all the time and then don't use it because I can't bear to cut it!  Silly I know.   It was my goal for 2011to use DSP more often in my projects.  Any way here's the outside:
I did stamp the flower with one hand this morning.  The rest I put together Wed. night.

On the inside I made a pocket for my Haircut Loyalty Card!  It's great, I always know where my card is!

I used a retired stamp set for the months and hand wrote the dates in after printing out the calendar template.  When I am using my right arm more I'll stamp little things on each page for the holidays and other special events.

I used some thin cardboard under the DSP so it would not bend in my purse.  It measures 5" x 7 1/2".

Supplies:
Paper - Always Artichoke, Very Vanilla
Markers:  Regal Rose, So Saffron and Always Artichoke.

Thank you so much for stopping by today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mitten Banner

Hello! Just a quick post today showing you this cute little mitten banner I made using the Many Mittens Framelits Dies and my Big shot. ...