Monday, January 30, 2012

Vintage Vogue Thank You

Hello!  It's a dreary Monday in Southeast Wisconsin today.  A good day to stay inside and stamp.

I have a funny story to tell you about a card we made at my Workshop this past Saturday.  The card we made was similar to today's, with the First Edition DSP where we distressed the edges and curled one corner back.  My mom and aunt did not make the cards (for some strange reason they preferred talking in the other room to stamping with the rest of us, I know, can you believe it???!!!) anyway, when they looked at our beautiful creations they both kept trying to get the corner to stick down and said I needed adhesive on it.  We all laughed and explained that it was supposed to look like that!!  It was such a fun day stamping with my best friend and cousins.  Thank you girls for coming.
I used the Vintage Vogue and Sincere Salutations stamp sets to make this card.  The pink flowers were cut out by hand and I used the Crop-A-Dile to punch out the little green centers.
Here's a close up of the distressed edges and a folded back corner.  I think I like this look even better than the rolled back corner from this past weekend.  I'm sure it'll mail better too.

Supplies


Paper:  Rich Razzleberry, First Edition DSP, Whisper White
Ink:  Old Olive, Rich Razzelberry, Pretty in Pink
Punch:  Decorative Label
Extras:  Cutter Kit (distressing tool), Crop-A-Dile, Scissors, Dimensionals

2 comments:

  1. Love this card...stamping on newsprint is such a wonderful "technique".

    I'm your newest follower from the thread on STampin Connection. I invite you to stop by and follow #53 at www.rocpaperstamps.com
    Have a great day!
    Patty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, this is such a pretty card - I need some Early Edition DSP! Thanks for the follow from SC Connie - right back at you!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I made this cheery birthday card for a good friend of mine using the Happy Birthday Gorgeous  stamp set and the Naturally Eclectic DS...