Thursday, February 16, 2012

CCMC189

Hello!  I got some very exciting news this morning...I was chosen as one of the "Top Three" in last weeks Create With Connie & Mary Challenge!!!  I cannot tell you how excited I am.  Often I get my inspiration from viewing their blog and am so honored that they picked my card.

Their challenge this week is to use the colors Melon Mambo (my favorite), Chocolate Chip and Lucky Limeade.  Love all of these colors.  Here's what I came up with:
I embossed the flowers with Melon Mambo embossing powder using the Mixed Bunch stamp set and then punched them out with the Blossom punch.  The center of the pink flower has a Filigree Brad - really like how this looks and it adds some dimension.  I finally used the newAdorning Accents Edgelits Die.
Two of the inside corners were stamped using Melon Mambo ink.  What a fun challenge this was for me.  I hope you like it too.

Supplies


Stamp Set:  Mixed Blossom
Paper:  Chocolate Chip, Lucky Limeade, Melon Mambo, Whisper White
Punch:  Blossom
Extras:  Dimensionals, Filigree Brad, Adorning Accents Edgelits Die

Have a wonderful day!

8 comments:

  1. Congrats. This is a very pretty card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the embossed flowers and the way you've stamped the inside! Wonderful use of the colors...so glad you joined us this week at CCMC!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty card and love the embossed flowers! Fantastic layout too! Thanks for joining us again this week over at Create with Connie and Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card - I love how the flowers pop off the green background!! Thanks for playing along with CCMC this week...

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty...I love that stamp set...love how you finished off the inside, too! Thanks for playing along with the color challenge this week on Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun card! I just LOVE how you layered all the flowers! Thanks for playing along this week in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the way you snuck in the Chocolate Chip blossoms with the other layers. Such a neat idea. Thanks for playing CCMC this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh!! I love the flower embossed with Melon Mambo on Melon Mambo! Very pretty! And such a great focal point! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete

August Calendar

Hello!  I want to let you know that I will be taking a week or two off from blogging. We are going to be moving this week and I need to focu...