Friday, February 24, 2012

Matchbox Drawers

Hello!  Today's project is something I've seen several other stampers make, and have been wanting to make one for myself for quite awhile.  Not sure yet what I will put in it, but the possibilities are endless.
                                                                 


First, I made three of the matchboxes with the Bigz XL Die made exclusively for Stampin' Up!   Next I stacked all three of the boxes and wrapped them together with Designer Series Paper.  It is so easy to do and look how cute it is!  One of the flowers from the Boho Blossoms Punch attached with a brad fit perfectly on front of the drawers for handles.


                                                                            




I made the rosette on the top by punching out two of the 1 3/4" scallop circles.  They were scored across to the opposite scallop all the way around the circle.   One cut was made along a score line between two of the scallops to the center of the circle.  I folded the scallops alternating between up and down and then glued the two together.  Boy! That is really hard to explain!  Maybe the picture will help.  I used the Boho Blossoms punch again for the center of the rosette.  Looking at it now it seems too plain, maybe I'll have think of something else to add.


Supplies


Paper:  Lavender Lace, Springtime Vintage DSP (both retired)
Punches:  1 3/4 Scallop Circle, Boho Blossoms
Extra:  Big Shot, Bigz XL Matchbox Die

Thank you for stopping by today and enjoy your weekend.

1 comment:

Mitten Banner

Hello! Just a quick post today showing you this cute little mitten banner I made using the Many Mittens Framelits Dies and my Big shot. ...