Monday, March 26, 2012

Vintage Vogue

Hi!  Today's card was inspired by Mickey Roberts.  She made a beautiful card using the Lace Ribbon Border punch on the sides of her card.  I made one just like it and thought...gee would this work with the Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border punch?  Yes, it does and I love it!!!!
Daffodil Delight is not a color I usually use, but it turned out really nice.  The centers of Daffodil flowers are made with the 1/2" circle punch (I stamped the paper first) and the centers of the Tangerine flowers were punch with the large hole on the Crop-A-Dile.
 Here's a closer look.  I was going to add some bling to the card, but I decided I liked it just the way it is.

To punch the sides I lined up score line (5 1/2" on a 11" x 4 1/4" card base) with pattern on the punch.  I stopped at the other end when the bottom edge of the card reached the end of the pattern on the other side of the punch.  Hope this makes sense!  You'll be able to figure it out.  :)

Supplies

Stamp Set:  Vintage Vogue
Paper:  Daffodil Delight, Whisper White
Ink:  Daffodil Delight, Tangerine Tango, Old Olive
Punches:  Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border, 1/2" circle

Thank you for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mitten Banner

Hello! Just a quick post today showing you this cute little mitten banner I made using the Many Mittens Framelits Dies and my Big shot. ...