Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Drink Mix Holder

Hello!  Things have been crazy around here.  It just seems like the days are not long enough for me to get everything done.  I've been meaning to publish this post for days now and finally sat down to get it done! I'm not sure where I originally saw this idea...could have been anywhere, so I'm sorry for not giving anyone credit for it.  I've been making these for years and love them.  They are great for little gifts/treats.


First, take a piece of 8 1/2" x 2" card stock and score it at 2" on each end.  Then you'll need a piece of Designer Series Paper (or design your own as I have here) that measures 1 3/4" x 4 1/4".










Glue the DSP between the two score lines.  Next punch a 1 1/4" hole in a contrasting color of card stock. Then punch around that hole with the 1 3/4" scallop circle.  Glue that piece onto of the end flaps.



Next take your 1 1/4" inch circle punch and punch out the center under the scallop circle.  The opposite flap gets folded up toward the DSP and attached with brads.  You can decorate the flap however you wish.  I decided to stick with the scallop circle theme.  The new Bright Blossoms stamp set is perfect for this project.
Here's the finished holder.  Isn't it cute?  It is made with the new 2012-2014 In Colors.

Supplies


Stamp Set:  Bright Blossoms
Ink:  Gumball Green, Raspberry Ripple, Summer Starfruit, Midnight Muse Primerose Petals
Card Stock:  Midnight Muse, Summer Starfruit, Whisper White
Punches:  1 3/4" Scallop Circle, 1 1/4" Circle, 1" Circle
Extras:  Brads, Drink Mix Packet, Water Bottle

Thanks for stopping by today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mitten Banner

Hello! Just a quick post today showing you this cute little mitten banner I made using the Many Mittens Framelits Dies and my Big shot. ...