Saturday, June 2, 2012

Congrats Grad!

Hello!  Today is a very special day in our house...my son, Kyle, is graduating from high school!!!  Congratulations Kyle!!!  He has worked very hard and we are so proud of him.

Not only is Kyle graduating this year, three of my cousins have sons graduating too.  I wanted to make a special card for all of these wonderful young men and this is what I came up with...
I used my Cricut to make the "2012" numbers.  I had an old Sizzix graduation die that I used for the cap that fits the  owl punch (love this little guy) from Stampin' Up! perfectly!  I dyed some white Baker's Twine with  the Real Red ink refill and some rubbing alcohol to make the tassel.
Unfortunately I did not have a Stampin' Up! graduation stamp set to use, although in the new catalog they have a wonderful new set called Pure Gumption.  Maybe I'll have to pick that one up to use for Kyle's graduation from college!

Supplies

Stamp Sets:  More Great Greetings, Congrats (both retired)
Ink:  Real Red, Lovely Lilac (retired)
Card Stock:  Whisper White, Real Red, Basic Black, Bashful Blue, Lovely Lilac (retired)
Punch:  Owl Builder
Extras:  Baker's Twine, Cricut, Sizzix Graduation Die

Thank you for stopping by today!


No comments:

Post a Comment

August Calendar

Hello!  I want to let you know that I will be taking a week or two off from blogging. We are going to be moving this week and I need to focu...