Friday, June 15, 2012

Dad Wallet

Hello!  Well, things have finally settled down around our house.  The graduation party is over and my son is all registered for college.  Now I finally have some time to stamp!!!!

I made this wallet to hold my husband's gift cards for Father's Day.  I've seen many of these around that are much fancier, but you know me...plain and simple.  As always it looks much better in person than in the photo.
I used Chocolate Chip card stock and stamped "Dad" in Basic Black using the new Morning Post Alphabet set.  The edges of the wallet were sponged in Basic Black ink.  

Here's the inside.  (The color looks a little better here!)  The wallet base measures 8 1/2" x 3 1/2".  I scored it at 4 1/4" so it would fold easier.  The inside pockets were made with two 4" x 4" squares which were scored at 2 1/2".  Fold the smaller part up to form the bottom pocket.  I used Sticky Strip to attach everything so it would not come apart when I added the gift cards.  The inside edges were also sponged with Basic Black ink. 

Thanks for stopping by.  I'm working on a "Get Organized" book and hopefully I'll have it posted in the next day or two.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

August Calendar

Hello!  I want to let you know that I will be taking a week or two off from blogging. We are going to be moving this week and I need to focu...