Friday, June 8, 2012

Father's Day Nature Walk

Hello!  Today's card is a Father's Day card using the Nature Walk stamp set.  I cased this from Dawn Olchefske, who has a great tutorial on her blog showing how to do this double embossing.  I love how this card turned out, simple yet elegant.


All of the stamping is done first, then you run it through your Big Shot using the Square Lattice embossing folder.  Next you run it through the Big Shot again using one of the Designer Frames folders, but you omit the bottom plate and place a piece of chipboard cut out in the shape of the Designer Frame between the folder and the top plate.  It sounds complicated but if you go and watch Dawn's video you'll see how easy it is!


Supplies:

Stamp Set:  Nature Walk
Ink:  Midnight Muse
Paper:  Midnight Muse, Vanilla
Extras:  Big Shot, Designer Frames Folder, Square Lattice Embossing Folder, Linen Thread

I may be taking a short break from my blog, we are having my son's graduation party this weekend and I probably won't have time to post anything.  I do have an order coming so next week I can post some things made with the new stamp sets I've order!  I can't wait.

1 comment:

August Calendar

Hello!  I want to let you know that I will be taking a week or two off from blogging. We are going to be moving this week and I need to focu...