Sunday, June 24, 2012

Note Paper Holder

Hello!  I saw this wonderful note paper holder on Stampin' Connection that was made by Ute Pucher who lives in Germany.  I liked hers so much that I had to case it.
Here's mine.  I'm always looking for little scraps of paper so this will come in very handy sitting on my kitchen desk!  I love it when I can make something pretty and useful.  The great thing about this project is that you can decorate it anyway you please.
I'm really using my new Elegant Butterfly punch a lot and I love it with the Basic Pearls added to it.  

I'm not sure of the dimensions of the one I saw online, but I knew that I wanted to be able to use just one piece of card stock when I made mine.  Here's what I came up with:
I used a 3" x 12" piece of card stock and scored it at:  1", 4 1/4", 7 1/2" & 10 3/4".  I then turned the paper and scored it at 1/2".  You will need to trim off 1/4" from the right side so both ends measure 1". The base measures 3 3/16" x 3 3/16".  Three of the DSP pieces measure 3" x 2 1/4".  The other two measure 3/4" x 2 1/4".  The one I saw had a couple of layers, which would make it a little sturdier. 
Fold all the score lines, cut the 4 score lines up to the 1/2" score line and add Sticky Strip.  I added my DSP pieces before I attached the base and the Lace Ribbon Border, leaves and butterfly after it was put together.  I attached the base one section at a time starting with the center back.  The note paper measures 3" x 3".

I hope these instructions make sense!  If you have any questions just ask.  :)  

Supplies:

Card Stock:  Rose Red, Old Olive, Soft Suede, Thoroughly Modern DSP (retired)
Punches:  Elegant Butterfly, Lace Ribbon Border (retired)
Extras:  Big Shot, Little Leaves Sizzlits, Basic Pearls, Rose Red Buttons (retired), Linen Thread Sticky
             Strip, Bone Folder, Simply Scored, Glue Dots, Multi-purpose Liquid Glue 

Thanks for stopping by!! 



2 comments:

  1. that's great!! thank you for sharing, and I'm going to try this myself!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

August Calendar

Hello!  I want to let you know that I will be taking a week or two off from blogging. We are going to be moving this week and I need to focu...