Monday, July 9, 2012

Springtime Vintage Mini Tote

Hi!  Well, I finally did it...I used the Springtime Vintage Fabric that I bought last December!   One of my goals this summer was to make a tote with this fabric.  Many wonderful demonstrators have directions on their blogs on how to make purses and totes.  When I sew things like this I rarely use a pattern, and this time was no exception.  I cut the squares (using a Sizzix Die) with my Big Shot,  I have to say that it was so cool to cut several squares at one time!  Love that Big Shot! Then I sewed them together and this is how it turned out:
This is rather small, 12 inches wide, 6 1/2 inches tall and 3 1/2 inches deep.  I have so many larger totes  and I wanted to make a smaller one.  This actually holds my swaps for Convention perfectly (I decided not to make too many), I'm still not sure if I'll take it along or not though.
The die I used is not sold by Stampin' Up!, I've had it forever and it measures 4 inches square.  There is a piece of quilting batting between the two pieces of fabric to make it sturdier.
The flower is made with the Stampin' Up! Flower Folds Bigz XL die.  I cut out several layers of each size flower and sewed them onto the tote along with a Old Olive button.  After it was attached I damped the flower and scrunched it up and let it dry overnight.  
I'm not a fan of double straps so I only have one that attaches on the sides of the tote.  Well, that's it!  I'm sure I'll find good uses for this, and if I don't it looks lovely hanging in my stamping room!

Thanks for stopping by today.




1 comment:

  1. Great bag. Wish I could sew... I'm now following you via SC. :)
    Steph - hofkissed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

August Calendar

Hello!  I want to let you know that I will be taking a week or two off from blogging. We are going to be moving this week and I need to focu...