Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Fall Broom

Hello!  Wow!  We discovered that our pc had been hacked into, and since my husband and I know nothing about this sort of thing, I was without internet for 24 hours!  Yikes, how dependent we get on our computers.  All I could think about was posting on my blog!!  Finally here I am.  :)

Today's post was inspired by Mary Brown.  She had a lovely broom on her blog and I knew I had to make one as soon as I saw hers.  Mine was made a little differently than hers. I am so happy with the way it turned out.  Thanks for the inspiration Mary!
Isn't it fun?!  I have it sitting on my kitchen table.

The first thing I did was cut a 7" x 4" piece of Early Espresso Core'dinations card stock.  I put as much as I could into the Woodgrain Embossing Folder and ran it through my Big Shot.  I then back the entire piece with a regular piece of Early Espresso card stock to give it some strength.  Next, I rolled it up and held it together with Sticky Strip.  Then I took a 4" x 11" piece of More Mustard card stock and fringed it on both sides leaving a small uncut section in between so it would stay together.  I applied Snail Adhesive to the entire length and then wrapped it around the broom stick.
I used a piece of Chocolate Chip Ribbon to tie around it.  One thing I forgot to do was sponge the edges of the More Mustard piece with ink.  (I always forget stuff like that!!)  So, I did that at this point, it was ok, but it sure would have been easier if I had done it before I cut it!
The fringed bottom is strong enough to support the broom.  (Mary used the petal cone die as a base for hers.)  The leaves were cut using the Autumn Accents Die and my Big Shot.

Supplies
Paper:  Early Espresso Core'dinations, More Mustard, Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie, Riding Hood Red, 
            Early Espresso
Stamp Set:  Wonderfall
Ink:  Soft Suede
Extras:  Big Shot, Autumn Accents Die, Woodgrain Embossing Die, Paper Trimmer, Glue Dots, Chocolate Chip Ribbon, Mono Adhesive, Sticky Strip

Gotta run, hope you liked my broom!  Have fun making one of your own.


6 comments:

  1. Hi Connie

    This is a great idea. Thanks for sharing.
    Respectfully, Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh Connie...this is awesome! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too cute. Will look great on my table along with a plastic pumpking that I have sunflowers in. (You have to see how cute).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I am so impressed! Thanks for sharing this amazing project! Happy Fall!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is wonder fall! Definately going to make one for myself and probably for my class attendees as a fall gift!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a delight! I will have to try and case this. Need new ideas for house decorations. TFS.

    ReplyDelete

August Calendar

Hello!  I want to let you know that I will be taking a week or two off from blogging. We are going to be moving this week and I need to focu...