Friday, August 10, 2012

FMS47

Hello!  I really loved the sketch for Freshly Made Sketches this week and knew it would be perfect for a birthday card for my son's girlfriend.  
She likes red and black, I thought this turned out so cute!  (Ok, so when I previewed this post the card didn't look so hot...it's much cuter in person!!!  Trust me.)
The Blue Ribbon stamp set is so fun to work with! It comes with several different sentiments.  I did not have any red or black DSP that I wanted to use so I used embossing folders to dress up the strips of card stock.


You can't tell from the photo, but the Happy Birthday circle is mounted with Dimensionals.

Supplies
Stamp Set:  Blue Ribbon, Fresh Vintage (2012 Sale-A-Bration)
Paper:  Real Red, Basic Black, Whisper White
Ink:  Basic Black, Real Red
Punch:  2-3/8" Scallop Circle
Extras:  Dimensionals, Big Shot, Argyle & Chevron Embossing Folders

Thanks so much for stopping by today.  Tomorrow I'll post the Journal I made for Chelsea's gift.

4 comments:

  1. Love the red and black, your embossed panel is the perfect addition. Thanks for playing with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Connie! Perfect card for anyone who loves black and red! Thanks for playing with us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great card for your son's girlfriend! I'm sure she'll love it! I LOVE black and red together! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fabulous birthday card ... love the red, black and white combo... great job!
    Thanks for joining us at Freshly made Sketches!!!

    ReplyDelete

August Calendar

Hello!  I want to let you know that I will be taking a week or two off from blogging. We are going to be moving this week and I need to focu...