Monday, August 13, 2012

Ornament

Hello!  These ornaments are popping up all over the place and I just couldn't resist making one.  Mine was inspired by the one on the cover of the Stampin' Up! Holiday Mini.  I love it!  I'm thinking that I'd like to make a larger one and use it as a tree topper.
After stamping 20 of each of the two ornament shapes, I used my Holiday Ornaments Framelits Dies to cut them out.  These Framelits are wonderful!   Then I scored 15 of each design down the center.  Four of the ornaments get glued together (3 folded and one flat).  I hot glued the five green ornaments onto a circle of card stock, then added short strips of gathered Scalloped Tulle Ribbon (which is really soft and nice to work with) with hot glue between each ornament, next I added 12" pieces of Linen Thread (folded into loops) on top of the green ornament, the small ornaments went on next (they are placed between/on top of the larger ones , after that I added the rosette (again with hot glue) and finally the button.

Here's a closeup of the center.  I added a pearl and rhinestones to the center of the button.  I made the rosette by stamping on a 3/4" x 12" strip of paper and then scoring it at every 1/2".  The new Silicone Craft Sheet was perfect for gluing the rosette together.  I put a large drop of hot glue down and used both of my hands to hold it in place until it cooled, then I peeled it off.  Easy peasy!!
Here's a photo of the back.  You could stamp something onto the circle as well, I didn't think of it until after it was glued together!
Supplies
Stamp Set:  Ornament Keepsakes
Ink:  Gumball Green, Cherry Cobbler
Paper:  Very Vanilla, Gumball Green
Punch:  1 3/8" Circle
Extras:  Big Shot, Holiday Ornaments Framelits Dies, Simply Scored Scoring Tool, Vintage Faceted
             Designer Buttons,  Rhinestone Basic Jewels,  Cherry Cobbler Scalloped Tulle Ribbon, Linen
             Thread, Silicone Craft Sheet, Hot Glue Gun

I hope this inspires you to make your own ornament!  It goes pretty fast and is a lot of fun, plus you end up with a beautiful ornament.  They'd make nice Christmas gifts too!  Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

August Calendar

Hello!  I want to let you know that I will be taking a week or two off from blogging. We are going to be moving this week and I need to focu...