Thursday, August 30, 2012

Owl Gift Card Holder

Hi!  I had a request for a gift card envelope so I started playing around and here's what I ended up with.
I really like it.  Something happened though when I used the Diagonal Scoring Plate...the dots are crooked!  I must admit it really bugs me. :)  Oh, well.
I started out with a 4 1/2" square piece of Perfect Plum DSP and scored it on two (opposite) sides at 2 5/8" and on the other two sides at 1 5/8".  I cut the little triangle pieces between the flaps off.  Also you'll notice that 5/8" of one of the tips was cut off as well.  This is optional, I like a straight edge when it's folded up.
Multipurpose Liquid Glue was used to fasten the envelope together.

This is how it looks with the gift card inside.
I glued the name tag, made with the Four Frames stamp set, onto a belly band made with the Dotted Scallop Ribbon Boarder punch, to use as a closure.  (The to and from came from a retired set.)
 This is the back of the finished gift card holder.  You could forgo the belly band and use adhesive to keep it closed.  This sure is a quick and easy envelope to make and the decorating possibilities are endless.  I'll be making more gift card holders over the coming months.

Supplies
Stamp Set:  Four Frames
Paper:  Perfect Plum card stock and DSP, Whisper White, Early Espresso, More Mustard, Wild Wasabi
Ink:  Perfect Plum
Punches:  Decorative Label, Dotted Scallop Ribbon Boarder
Extras:  Simply Scored Diagonal Plate, Multipurpose Liquid Glue

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. How beautiful you figure out it..this is what i needed to design my own Gift Card envelopes.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I made this cheery birthday card for a good friend of mine using the Happy Birthday Gorgeous  stamp set and the Naturally Eclectic DS...