Friday, August 24, 2012

SR138

Hello!  Today I've made another treasure box, but this time using fabric!  It turned out really neat.  :)  This week at Stampin' Royalty they are having a fabric challenge and as soon as I saw that I knew I wanted to join in the fun.  Click here to head on over to Stampin' Royalty to see the other entries.

I've had the Candlelight Christmas Designer Fabric for a few weeks now and wasn't sure what I wanted to do with it.  At convention they showed us one way to use the Fabric Adhesive Roll...use it to iron fabric onto card stock!  It is so cool!!
 


Here is the fabric ironed onto the card stock with all of the cuts made.  I used an 8 1/2" x 11" piece of Early Espresso which was scored at 2 1/2", 5", 7 1/2" and 10" on the long side and in 2 1/2" from  each of the other two sides.

The photo below shows where I've added Sticky Strip.













Here's the completed box.  I love it!!  Below is a close up of the flower.




I attached one of the Naturals Designer Buttons with Early Espresso Baker's Twine.








Supplies
Card Stock:  Early Espresso, Lucky Limeade
Fabric:  Candlelight Christmas
Punches:  3/16" Corner, 1 3/4" Scallop Circle
Extras:  Fabric Adhesive Roll, Iron, Early Espresso Baker's Twine, Simply Scored Scoring Tool, 
             Naturals Designer Buttons, brad (to hold the flower together), Sticky Strip

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you liked the fabric box.

3 comments:

  1. Love it!! I am just having a lot of fun with this fabric myself.

    Hugs
    Shirley Pumpkin

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing! Thanks for joining us at Stampin' Royalty

    ReplyDelete

DSC#232 Custom Tee

Hello!  When I first saw this week's color challenge I grabbed some flower stamp sets to work with. Then I thought I should take a ...