Thursday, August 16, 2012

Treasure Box

Hello!  Yesterday I came across a "little case box" on Stampin' Connection that was made by Lydia Roitzsch from Germany.  I thought "gee that is cute" and decided to come up with something similar on my own.  Hers is more rectangular and also has a handle.  I wanted to make mine out of a 8 1/2" x 11" piece of paper so it is more square.  I absolutely love it!  What's more amazing is that it came out perfect the very first time!!!  How often does that happen??
I wasn't sure what to call this until my husband said, "What is it, a treasure box?"  "Why, yes it is!!!"  This would be perfect to store treasure in, or at least some chocolate!
Here's the inside. You dress it up inside and add DSP to the bottom.  I think I will do that.  I used a Velcro circle to fasten it shut.

I sponged the First Edition DSP with Basic Black ink.

The flower on the top was made with the two smallest Floral Frames Framelits.  I thought the antique brad was a perfect fit!
The box measures 2 1/2" tall x 2 1/2"deep x 3 1/2" wide.  The top, front and back piece of DSP measures 3 1/4" x 2 1/4".   The two sides are 2 1/4" square.  The front flap piece is 3 1/4" x 3/4".  The Black closure strip is 4 1/2" x 1" with the DSP measuring 4 1/4" x 3/4".   
 I scored a 8 1/2" x 11" piece of Basic Black card stock at 2 1/2, 5, 7 1/2, and 10 inches on the long side and at 2 1/2 inches on each of the 8 1/2" sides.  On the end with the 1" score line you cut off the two side pieces (this makes the lid).  I used sticky strip hold the box together.  These are pretty basic directions but I'm sure you'll be able to figure it out once you start.  If you have any questions please feel free to contact me.

Supplies
Paper:  Basic Black, First Edition DSP
Extras:  Big Shot, Floral Frames Framelits, Antique Brads, Simply Scored Tool, Velcro, Sticky Strip

Thank you so much for stopping by today, I hope you liked my "Treasure Box"!




2 comments:

  1. This is such a cool project. I'm going to make one for my youngest daughter and put something pretty inside. Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete

August Calendar

Hello!  I want to let you know that I will be taking a week or two off from blogging. We are going to be moving this week and I need to focu...