Monday, September 10, 2012

Autumn Accent Wreath

Hello!  I wanted to use up some very old fall DSP and thought I'd try to make a wreath.  At first I mounted a bunch of leaves onto a circle of chipboard and it really looked too flat.   I glued three leaves together to make a 3D leaf and I really liked that look.  I made four of them to glue onto the wreath.
I know I say this all the time...it really looks much better in person!!  It does, especially hanging on my den door.  :)  I added a few acorns that I ran through the Big Shot using the Woodgrain embossing folder to add some texture.  The edges of the leaves were sponged with Soft Suede ink.  The good thing is that I finally used up all of this retired DSP!!!
Here's a close up of an acorn.  This was a super easy and fun project.

Supplies
Paper:  Retired DSP, Chipboard (for my base), Soft Suede
Ink:  Soft Suede
Extras:  Big Shot, Autumn Accents Bigz Die, Woodgrain Embossing Folder, Multipurpose Liquid Glue, Dimensionals, Hemp Twine (retired)

2 comments:

DSC#253 Framed Leaves

Hi! I was inspired by this photo to make another shadow box fall decoration. Sorry about the glare. I took so many different phot...