Thursday, September 20, 2012

Licorice Brooms

Hello!  Today I'm going to show you a licorice broom that I cased from the Stampin' Up! Catalog (page 29).
Isn't this a super cute idea?  They are really fun and easy to make and I will be making plenty more of these to give out.  I put one piece of chocolate licorice into a 1" x 8" cellophane bag.  The broom bristles are made with a 3" x 2 1/2" piece of DSP which I cut with my paper trimmer (you could easily cut it with scissors too).
It's hard to see but the DSP is wrapped in ribbon and the 1 1/4" tags are attached with Baker's Twine.  We made these at my last Make & Take class and they were a big hit.

Supplies
Stamp Set:  Spooky Bingo Bits
Ink:  More Mustard, Rich Razzleberry
Card Stock:  Whisper White, Basic Black, Various DSP
Punches:  1  1/4" & 1 3/8" Circle
Extras:  Paper trimmer, Bakers Twine, Chocolate Chip Grosgrain Ribbon, Basic Black Scallop Dots
             Ribbon 

Thanks for stopping by today.

1 comment:

  1. This is sooooo cute, think i have to try it, though we do not celebrate Halloween in Germany
    Tina

    ReplyDelete

August Calendar

Hello!  I want to let you know that I will be taking a week or two off from blogging. We are going to be moving this week and I need to focu...