Friday, October 5, 2012

CCMC221

Hello!  I'm so excited about today's post!  It was so much fun to make.
 First, Karin Wiechert posted some really cute elves on Stampin' Connection and I couldn't wait to case them.  (Thanks for the terrific idea Karin!!!)  
Then, I saw this weeks challenge on Create with Connie & Mary and knew the two would go perfectly together.  Love this sketch!
Isn't this the cutest Christmas card?!!  I used several punches to make the elf.  His face is made with the ornament punch; his Ears - wing from the Bird Builder; his hat - bottom half of the Full Heart, Word Window, Boho Blossom; his eyes & nose - Owl Builder.  I sponged his face and ears with Pretty in Pink ink and used a blender pen on his cheeks.  The Whisper White fur on his hat was run through the Big Shot with the retired Snow Burst Embossing Folder.    Love it, love it.

Supplies
Stamp Sets:  Wacky Wishes, Jolly Bingo Bits
Paper:  Cherry Cobbler, Primrose Petals, Soft Suede, Gumball Green, Blush Blossom (retired),
            WhisperWhite, Basic Black, Snow Festival DSP
Ink:  Pretty in Pink, Cherry Cobbler, Primrose Petals
Punches:  1" Square, Full Heart, Word Window, Bird Builder, Owl Builder, Ornament, Boho
                Blossoms
Extras:  Multipurpose Glue, Dimensionals, Sponge, Blender Pen

I hope you have fun making your own Elves!  Thanks so much for stopping by!

14 comments:

  1. Oh so cute! I see why you had fun making this card. The elf is adorable. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Create with Connie and Mary. Smiles, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. The elf is too stinkin' cute!! The simplicity of the stamping is a perfect combination! Thanks for playing along this week at Create with Connie & Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! I think I have to CASE him too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Connie,
    thank you so much for your wonderful compliments.
    But this elf is not my idea, I see it last year in the www.
    I dont no, where I've found it.
    Greetings from Germany,
    Karin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, that little guy is so cute! Such a fun, clever Christmas card! Thanks for joining us at Create With Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh...darling little elf! Love the colors combined with that DSP for the background! Wonderful Christmas card! Thanks for playing along with the sketch challenge this week on Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute little elf and I love the DSP. I may have to get that now! Thanks for playing along with Create with Connie and Mary this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So adorable! I am so glad that you could use him with the sketch this week! Love the designer paper, too! It all looks so festive! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cute elf! I love punch art! Great paper combinations here. Thanks for playing the Create with Connie & Mary challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an ADORABLE little elf! And works so nicely with the fun paper! Thanks for playing along in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A+ for figuring out a way to use this DSP as a background layer. I made some of these elves last year and they are so adorable. Thanks for playing Create with Connie & Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It is the cutest! I love punch art and I haven't made the little elf yet - he will be fun to try for the holidays. I'm so glad you joined the Create with Connie & Mary challenge this week.
    Monika

    ReplyDelete

DSC#253 Framed Leaves

Hi! I was inspired by this photo to make another shadow box fall decoration. Sorry about the glare. I took so many different phot...