Thursday, October 18, 2012

Field Flowers Card Holder

Hi!  Today's post is a fabulous card holder.  Unfortunately, I cannot for the life of me remember where I got this idea from.  I've spent days looking through the saved ideas on my computer and through stacks of papers.  So, if you are the person who came up with this idea please let me know so I can give you proper credit.  I'm thinking now that I need to do some organizing this week!  This has happened before...I always think I'll remember where I got an idea, and then...I don't.
I wasn't sure what I would think of this color combo that I got from my Color Coach, but I like it!  Here are the dimensions of the mats:  Daffodil Delight - 4" x 5 1/2", Cherry Cobbler - 3 3/4" x 5 1/4", Whisper White - 3 1/2" x 5".
The best thing about this card holder is that it is made from one 8 1/2" x 11" piece of card stock!  With the 11" side at the top I scored it at 5 1/4" and 5 3/4".  Then I turned the paper so the 8 1/2" side was at the top and scored it at 6 1/2".  As you can see I cut out the little piece between the bottom flaps.  I poked holes with my paper piercer and thread Night of Navy 1/4" Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon through them.

The flaps were secured with Sticky Strip.  These pockets are not very deep, but I would think you could fit 3-4 cards, along with matching envelopes, in there.  So far I've only made one card for this, but I'm thinking that it would be nice to do a variety of cards (Birthday, Thank you, etc.) too, instead of all one design.  Great gift idea. 

Here's the matching card.  I sponge the stamped layer of Whisper White with Night of Navy ink.  The Daffodil Delight flower centers are mounted with glue dots.

Suspplies
Stamp Set:  Field Flowers
Paper:  Night of Navy, Daffodil Delight, Cherry Cobble, Whisper White
Ink:  Old Olive, Cherry Cobbler, Daffodil Delight, Night of Navy
Extras:  Simply Scored, Paper-Piercing Tool and Mat, Night of Navy 1/4" Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon

Thanks for stopping by!!



1 comment:

  1. I just like how you add the flower picture to it..thanks for sharing it with us as i might need it when design Gift Card envelopes.

    ReplyDelete

August Calendar

Hello!  I want to let you know that I will be taking a week or two off from blogging. We are going to be moving this week and I need to focu...