Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Twisted Gift Card Holder


Hi!  I've seen these twisted cards everywhere and I love them.  What a great way to say Merry Christmas and include a gift card too!  We usually always give gift cards at Christmas and I'm always looking for different ways to package them.
The top of the ornament was heat embossed with Silver Embossing Powder and the fabulous new Heat Tool.  I also added a small pearl to the center of the ornament.
I watched a video on You Tube made by Kelly Gettelfinger to figure out how to make this.
First, score a 4 1/4" x 11" piece of card stock from one corner to the opposite.
Next, fold along the score line and score again at the half way point.  For me this was at 5 7/8".  Then decorate as you wish.  Adding the DSP was not easy for me!  I cut smaller pieces out the same way I scored the base.  
Here's the inside.  I'm sure I'll make more of these...I'm picturing a blue one with snow flakes.

Supplies
Stamp Sets:  Ornament Keepsakes, Family Reunion, Tags til Christmas
Paper:  Cherry Cobbler, VeryVanilla, Be of Good Cheer DSP
Ink & Markers:  Cherry Cobbler, Gumball Green, Soft Suede
Punches:  Modern Label, Decorative Label
Extras:  Simply Scored, Big Shot, Holiday Ornaments Framelits Die, Pearl Basic Jewels, Dimensionals

Thanks for stopping by and have fun making your own "Twisted" card!!!


2 comments:

  1. these are beautiful holder for a gift card..it add more to it's value..i would like to keep it remember that i use when design Gift Card envelopes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Connie, for mentioning my video with your super duper photo tutorial! How sweet of you! Blessings! (great twisted card BTW!)

    ReplyDelete

DSC#253 Framed Leaves

Hi! I was inspired by this photo to make another shadow box fall decoration. Sorry about the glare. I took so many different phot...