Sunday, October 7, 2012

Wonderfall Turkey Basket

Hello!  When I started playing with my Wonderfall stamp set the small polka dot leaf screamed 'turkey feathers' at me!  So, I got busy and here's what I came up with.  I'd seen many people using the Owl Builder punch for turkeys so I used that for my base.  I cut off the ears and replaced the Espresso feet with Pumpkin Pie ones.  The beak and waddle were punched with the leaf from the Bird Builder punch and of course I couldn't resist using the Googlies from the Holiday Mini for his eyes.
Isn't he cute?!!!  I love it when I get an idea and it comes out even better than I thought it would!  The box he is attached to was made with four of the Scallop Envelopes.  (They make the perfect little candy dish!)  The pumpkins are from the Cottage Window stamp set that I colored with a blender pen dabbed onto my Pumpkin Pie ink pad.

I entered this in a contest with my upline, Dawn Olchefske, and she liked it so much that she has made a video showing how to make the turkey!  How cool is that?!!  You can see her video here.

Supplies
Stamp Sets:  Wonderfall, Cottage Window
Paper: Early Espresso, Pumpkin Pie, Riding Hood Red, Cajun Craze, More Mustard, Old Olive, Not
           Quite Navy
Ink:  Pumpkin Pie, Riding Hood Red, Cajun Craze, More Mustard, Old Olive, Not Quite Navy
Extras:  Big Shot, Autumn Accents Bigz Die, Googlies, Bird and Owl Builder Punches, Blender Pen,
             Dimensionals, Sponge

Thanks for much for stopping by today!


3 comments:

  1. Hi Connie,
    Your turkey is really cute. Another clever use of the owl punch! I just love that punch, it is so versatile. I'm hoping that Stampin' Up! never retires that adorable owl.
    Peace, Love & Joy,
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saw Dawn's card and the link back to your blog. Cute candy basket. Love that turkey with the bright "feathers!" :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I made this cheery birthday card for a good friend of mine using the Happy Birthday Gorgeous  stamp set and the Naturally Eclectic DS...