Saturday, December 22, 2012

Mini Note Paper Holder

Hello!  Today I'm showing you the mini note paper holders that I made.  My last post showed a couple I cased from France Martin and when I was done cutting up the note paper I had a ton of 3 1/4" x         8 1/2" strips left over...hmmm what could I do with these??  After messing around for a little while I came up with these mini ones.  I just love them, they are so cute.  They hold 3 1/4" x 4 1/4" pieces of paper.
Here are the directions:
The first step is to score a 7 1/2" x 7 3/4" paper using the measurements above.  Then punch a half of the 1 3/8" circle punch in the middle of the end with only one score line (this is to make it easier to get the note papers out once it's put together).
Side 1
 Next, add sticky strip (or you could use Multipurpose Liquid glue) to each of the tabs as shown.
Side 2

 Fold the box as shown.  I don't have it on here, but I also used Sticky Strip to hold down the flaps of the top part that folds down.
Add a 1 1/2" x 12" strip of DSP to the top and decorate as you wish.
Here's a closeup of one of the flowers I put on top of these.  I made them with my 1  3/4" & 1 1/4" scallop circle punches.  I made another one using The Open Sea stamp set and boy is it cute too.  I'll probably be showing you that soon too.

Supplies
Card Stock and DSP
Punches:  1 3/4" & 1 1/4" Scallop Circle, 1 3/8" Circle
Misc:  Sticky Strip or Multipurpose Liquid Glue, Brads, Simply Scored Scoring Tool

Thank you so much for stopping by today!  Not sure how much time I'll have to stamp and post with Christmas only days away so it will be hit or miss for the next week.  Enjoy your holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! I made this cheery birthday card for a good friend of mine using the Happy Birthday Gorgeous  stamp set and the Naturally Eclectic DS...