Saturday, December 1, 2012

Tree Topper

Hello!  I've had a love/hate relationship with my Christmas tree topper for years and this year I decided not to use it.  Instead I've made my own and I love it!!! Change is good.  Most of you will probably think this looks exactly like an ornament I posted a few weeks ago and it is extremely close.  On this though I added a back layer of ornaments cut out of Silver Glimmer paper and the center is slightly different too.
I love the way the Glimmer ornaments sparkle when our tree lights shine on them.  The center rosette was cut with the Designer Rosette Bigz XL die and the Big Shot.  I didn't photograph the back, but I ran some floral wire through the 1 3/4" circle that all these ornaments are attached to and wrapped it around the tree branch.  It worked perfectly.   I stamped 20 of each of the two ornaments and glued four of them together to make each 3D ornament.

Supplies
Stamp Set:  Ornament Keepsakes
Paper:  Very Vanilla, Silver Glimmer
Ink:  Gumball Green, Cherry Cobbler
Extras:  Big Shot, Holiday Ornament Framelits, Designer Rosette Bigz XL, Cherry Cobbler Scalloped
            Tulle, Linen Thread, Large Basic Pearls, Vintage Faceted Designer Buttons, Tombow
             Multipurpose Liquid Glue

Thank you so much for stopping by today!

1 comment:

  1. I love the idea of turning these into a tree topper. Great idea! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! I made this cheery birthday card for a good friend of mine using the Happy Birthday Gorgeous  stamp set and the Naturally Eclectic DS...