Thursday, February 28, 2013

Happy Birthday Casey

Hello!  This card was made for my niece Casey for her birthday.  When I first saw the Swallowtail stamp I thought, this is nice but I'm not going to get it.  Well, after seeing so many beautiful cards made with it on Stampin' Connection (the Stampin' Up! demonstrator site where we all share our ideas) I knew I'd give in.  After making this card I am happy that I did!
 I heat embossed the butterfly with black embossing powder and my heat tool.  You can't see it here, but the black is raised and shinny. I then used my Elegant Eggplant, Night of Navy and Tempting Turquoise watercolor crayons and a blender pen to color it in.  I embossed the Night of Navy card stock layer using my Big Shot and the Framed Tulips folder.
To stamp on the inside I inked the Swallowtail with Elegant Eggplant in and stamped off once giving the butterfly a softer look.  I know I say this all the time, but I really, really love this card.  The photos really don't do it justice.

Supplies
Stamp Sets:  Swallowtail, Family Reunion
Ink:  VersaMark, Elegant Eggplant
Paper:  Whisper White, Elegant Eggplant, Night of Navy
Extras:  Heat Tool, Black Emboss Powder, Dimensionals

Thanks a lot for stopping by today!  Happy stamping.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Mitten Banner

Hello! Just a quick post today showing you this cute little mitten banner I made using the Many Mittens Framelits Dies and my Big shot. ...