Monday, March 18, 2013

Field Flowers Card

Hi!  Today's card was cased from Melissa Davies.  Her card is a little different, but I just loved the way she cut the main stamped image into three parts.
After stamping the Field Flowers stem and flowers on a 3" x 3" pice of Very Vanilla card stock I cut it at 1 1/2" dividing it equally from top to bottom.  I then cut the bottom piece at 1" and trimmed 1/8" off of the larger piece at the right.  The pieces are attached with about an 1/8" between them.  The flowers were stamped again on scrap paper, cut out and mounted with Dimensionals off center on top of the first ones.  I sponged the edges of the Very Vanilla pieces with Crumb Cake ink and wrapped a piece of 3/8" Crumb Cake Taffeta Ribbon around the embossed Cherry Cobbler layer.

Supplies
Stamp Sets:  Field Flowers,  Sincere Salutations
Ink:  Cherry Cobbler, Always Artichoke, Crumb Cake
Paper:  Very Vanilla, Cherry Cobbler
Punch:  Extra Large Oval
Extras:  Crumb Cake 3/8" Taffeta Ribbon, Big Shot, Vintage Wallpaper Embossing folder

No comments:

Post a Comment

August Calendar

Hello!  I want to let you know that I will be taking a week or two off from blogging. We are going to be moving this week and I need to focu...