Saturday, March 16, 2013

Supply Box

Hello!  Those of you who have stamped with me know that I am forever setting my adhesives, scissors, stamp cleaner, etc. down and have to search for them each time I need them.  Well, I have come up with a cute (at least I think so) solution.  I made a little box with dividers to hold all of my supplies.  My plan is to keep it right in front of me and put each item back when I am done with it so I can easily find it when I need it the next time!  We'll have to see how it well it works! lol
I love the Sycamore Street paper and ribbon, now I can enjoy them for a long time.  Even though this box is made of paper, it is very sturdy.  Here are the directions:
Since I wanted to keep my box on the small side, I started with a 7" square piece of card stock and scored it at 2" on all four sides.  Cut score lines as shown.
I used sticky strip to fasten the sides of the box.
Next, I cut three strips of paper measuring 4" x 2" to make the dividers.  I scored two of them at 1/2", 2" & 3 1/2".  I cut halfway down on the 2" score lines.  The third one was scored at 1/2", 1 1/4", 2", & 3 1/2".  Then I cut halfway down on the two center score lines (I scored these very lightly as I just wanted use them as a guide so I knew where to cut). 
 
  This picture shows two pieces attached at the 2" score line.  One slit is on the top and the other on the bottom so they fit together.

Here's a top view of my finished box with six sections.  The dividers were attached with sticky strip.  The nice thing about these boxes is that you can divide them into however many sections you want. I wanted some smaller sections for my piercing tool and spritzers.
The flower was made by punching Creped Filter Paper with my Scallop Circle punches.  I sponged them with Tangerine Tango before I put them together with a brad.  Love the way this paper scrunches up to make flowers!!  Well, that's it.  This was a quick and fun project to make, the possibilities are endless.
Supplies
Paper:  Tangerine Tango, Lucky Limeade, Sycamore Street DSP, Creped Filter Paper
Ink:  Tangerine Tango
Punches:  1 3/4" & 1 1/4" Scallop Circle, Blossom
Extras:  Sticky Strip, 3/16" Metallic Brads, Sycamore Street Ribbon, Simply Scored Scoring Tool

Hope you enjoyed this tutorial.  Have a great day!!




2 comments:

  1. great idea, and would also make a cute gift if you use some cellophane wrap around it. :)

    ReplyDelete

DSC#253 Framed Leaves

Hi! I was inspired by this photo to make another shadow box fall decoration. Sorry about the glare. I took so many different phot...