Sunday, May 19, 2013

Braided Field Flowers

Hello!  Boy, I am so excited about this card I have to show you today!!  Mostly because I've not had any desire to stamp at all.  I have 5 cards/projects in the works, but none of them are getting done.  This morning I saw a couple of these "Braided" cards on Stampin' Connection and decided I just had to make one...I love it!!  :)
Head on over to Brandy Cox's blog for a great video showing how this is done.  It is really easy and fun to do.  I cut the flowers out by hand with my Paper Snips and the leaves were cut with my Secret Garden Framelits.
Here's a close up of the Bitty Butterfly.  I used one of the larger butterflies from the Papillon Potpourri stamp set, I love this pattern and it looks fine using the smaller punch to cut it out, and of course the three pearls were the perfect finishing touch.
Supplies
Stamp Sets:  Field Flowers, Papillon Potpourri
Paper:  Pretty in Pink, Rose Red DSP, Certainly Celery
Ink:  Pretty in Pink, Rose Red, Certainly Celery
Punch:  Bitty Butterfly
Extras:  Big Shot, Secret Garden Framelits, Pearl Basic Jewels

Thanks so much for stopping by and have fun making your own braided card!

No comments:

Post a Comment

August Calendar

Hello!  I want to let you know that I will be taking a week or two off from blogging. We are going to be moving this week and I need to focu...