Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Mini DSP Gift Bag Tutorial

Hi!  I can't seem to stop making gift bags!!!  I got the original size directions from Jackie Bolhuis (see my May 3, 2013 post) and have been altering them.  This one is a mini bag that measures 3" wide, 3" tall and 1 1/2" deep.  It is so cute!  A perfect size for a few pieces of candy and a great way to use up DSP scraps.
Here's how you make it:  First, you'll need two pieces of 6" x 6" Designer Series Paper.  Score each side at 1 1/2".  I used my Scallop Edge Border Punch on the part that is folded out for the top to give it a decorative edge (optional).  You also get a sneak peak today of one of the new stamp sets in the 2013-2014 catalog...Label Love.  I really like this set and think I'll get a lot of use out of it.
Cut the two bottom corner pieces off along the score lines of the side you want for the front of the bag.

                           
On the back side piece cut in from the sides along the score line up to the vertical score line.
On the bottom (center) flap of the back side glue a 1 1/2" x 3" piece of scrap paper for support (this will get covered up later) as shown.
 Place some Tombow Multi-Purpose Liquid glue on the two flaps on the back piece.
  Fold them in to form the back of the bag.  
Next, I put glue on the inside of the bottom flap of the front piece and attached it to the bottom of the back side.
Put glue on the front sides and adhere them to the sides of the back.
Last, I punched holes in each of the sides for the ribbon handle and added a flower and tag to the front for decoration.  This is so cute that I'll probably never want to give it away!!!  lol
Supplies
Stamp Set:  Label Love 
Ink:  Crumb Cake
Paper:  Very Vanilla and Retired DSP
Punches:  1 1/4" & 1 3/4" Scallop Circle, Scallop Edge Border
Extras:  Simply Scored Scoring Tool & Stylus, Glimmer Brad, Ribbon, Multi-Purpose Liquid Glue

I hope you found this tutorial helpful.  Have fun making your own mini gift bags!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Daisy Delight Bouquet

Hello!  I'm pretty happy with how the project turned out that I am sharing in today's post. I've been wanting to make a bouquet ...