Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Money Holder Box

Hello!  I made the box I'm sharing today was design to hold a stack of dollar bills.  My Mom needed something to place a gift in for my uncle and I said, "I'll make you something!"  :)  The best thing about the Stampin' Up! Simply Scored products is that you can make boxes of any size.
Now, those of you who visit me regularly know I just wing it when I make something, and I almost never write my measurements down.  Well, that 's what happened this time too.  But, I can tell you that  I measured a dollar bill and added a 1/4" extra on both directions so it would be easy to remove the bills.  Then I added another 1 1/2" onto each direction to form the sides of the box.  I scored all four sides at 1 1/2".
The top was 1/8" larger in both directions so it would fit nicely over the bottom.  I didn't like the way the sides of the top of the box came all the way down, so I trimmed them down to 1".  I added a strip of Nautical Expedition DSP (retired) to the top and all four sides.
The belly band measured 11" x 1 1/2".  After I had it all glued together I decided it look too plain so I stamped on it with coordinating ink and loved the result.  Hopefully it my mom will too, if not, I'd love to make another one...this was fun to do!  The label was made with a new punch called Artisan Label and a coordinating stamp set called Label Something that will be in the new 2013-2014 catalog.  I cut a second one in red, cut it in half, and then glued it onto the back of the white one.

Supplies:
Stamp Sets:  Clockworks, Label Something
Paper:  Not Quite Navy, Riding Hood Red, DSP
Ink:  Not Quite Navy
Punch:  Artisan Label
Extras: Simply Scored Scoring Tool

Thanks a lot for taking the time to visit today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

August Calendar

Hello!  I want to let you know that I will be taking a week or two off from blogging. We are going to be moving this week and I need to focu...