Thursday, May 23, 2013

Secret Garden Crimped Pocket Card

Hello!  Well, I don't know where I have been for the last few years, but until I viewed Brandy Cox's video on how to make "pocket cards" I don't think I had ever seen one before.  I was so excited when I took it to work to show my coworkers and then they said these have been around for a long time!  Oh, well.  Maybe I had seen them before and just don't remember!  lol  Wouldn't be the first time that happened.  Anyway, this is the first time I've made one and it was really fun.  To view Brandy's video, click here.  Here's my version
After sealing a Stampin' Up! envelope cut 1 1/4" of one end.  I used my Dotted Scallop Ribbon Punch for the trim on the top and glued it on with my Multipurpose Liquid Glue.
After stamping the large piece of the envelope run it through your paper crimper.  I love the way this looks!  The top just lifts off.  I used my Secret Garden Framelits to make the flower and leaves for the top.
The card slides out.  I made mine a little smaller because I was having trouble fitting it into the envelope base.  The Bermuda Bay piece measures 5 1/4" x 4 1/8" and the Whisper White measures  
5" x 3 7/8".
I didn't like the look of stamping the Rich Razzleberry flower directly over the leaves so I stamped it on a separate piece of card stock and cut it out with my coordinating framelits.
Supplies:
Stamp Set:  Secret Garden
Paper:  Whisper White, Bermuda Bay, Rich Razzleberry, Daffodil Delight, Always Artichoke
Ink:  Always Artichoke, Rich Razzleberry, Daffodil Delight, Bermuda Bay, Calypso Coral
Extras:  Paper Crimper, Big Shot, Secret Garden Framelits, Whisper White Envelope, Mini Brad

Thanks a lot for stopping by today!



No comments:

Post a Comment

August Calendar

Hello!  I want to let you know that I will be taking a week or two off from blogging. We are going to be moving this week and I need to focu...