Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Another Father's Day Card

Hello!  Today I'm sharing the card I made for my Step Dad for Father's Day.  Awhile ago he saw one of the Swallowtail cards I made,  and said he'd like on too...so this is what he got...
I'm thrilled with this card, I really wanted it to turn out since Rich is so supportive of my stamping.  I stamped the image onto Whisper White card stock with Jet Black Stazon Ink and used my blender pen dabbed onto my ink pads to color it in.
The leaves are cut out with the Secret Garden Framelits and I used the Woodgrain Embossing folder with the Early Espresso Core'dinations which I then sanded.
 The body of the butterfly was adhered with Multipurpose Liquid Glue and I put a Dimensional on each of the wings close to the body.  I love the way the butterfly naturally curved up.  It was a good thing I was able to hand deliver this card...no way was I going to try to put it into an envelope!
Supplies
Stamp Set:  Swallowtail
Paper:  Crumb Cake, Whisper White, Early Espresso Core'dinations
Ink:  Jet Black Stazon, Elegant Eggplant, Midnight Muse, Bermuda Bay, Pool Party, Crushed Curry
Extras:  Blender Pen, Big Shot, Woodgrain Embossing Folder, Secret Garden Framelits, Dimensionals,
             Stampin' Sanding System

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

August Calendar

Hello!  I want to let you know that I will be taking a week or two off from blogging. We are going to be moving this week and I need to focu...