Thursday, June 6, 2013

Another Not Quite Finished Card

Hello!  I must admit that I have not picked up a stamp in two weeks.  Things have been crazy around here lately, however, I am hoping that after today things slow down a bit and I can get back to my stamping.  This is a card that I cased from Dawn Olchefske (yes, another one, what can I say...she's a fountain of ideas!!!) quite awhile ago.  I hadn't posted it because I wasn't sure who I was going to give it to, but I've been feeling guilty for not posting since Monday, so here it is!!!   I haven't added a sentiment and the DSP and Bottle Cap were in the Spring Mini and so they are no longer available.  It's such a pretty card that I just had to show you anyway.
I ran the 5 1/4" x 4" layer of card stock through the Big Shot with only 1/2 of the piece positioned in the embossing folder and placed the ribbon over the line where the embossing stops.  The bottle caps were quite thick and it would have been a problem to mail as is, but someone came up with the idea to put them through the Big Shot and flatten them a bit...way cool!!  I used the Hearts a Flutter Framelits to cut out the DSP and Primrose pieces.  If I were to add a sentiment I'd put it in the lower left hand corner, although I do like it plain too!

Current Supplies:
Card Stock:  Very Vanilla, Primrose Petals
Ribbon:  Primrose Petals 3/8" Stitched Satin Ribbon
Extras:  Big Shot, Heart a Flutter Framelits, Argyle Embossing Folder

Thank you so much for stopping by!  I hope to get stamping tomorrow so I'll have more projects to post!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

DSC#260 Mittens

Hi! Boy, I have to admit that this color challenge was a real struggle for me. I can't wait to see what my fellow STARS have come u...