Monday, June 3, 2013

Happy Birthday Kathy!

Hello!  Today's post is a birthday card I made for my best friend from high school.  She's one in a million (and she likes to stamp)!!  I've had this card made for 3 weeks and wouldn't you know it I got so busy this week that I forgot to mail it until Saturday, sure hope you get it time Kathy!  If not, here's a sneak peak.  I cased this card from my upline Dawn Olchefske, thanks for the great idea Dawn!
I added the butterfly on my card - love these two butterflies layered with pearls.
 The outside of the card is made with one sheet of 6" x 12" DSP. The angle part you cut off of the top is flipped over and glued onto the bottom, cool look, huh?!  I punched out the two butterflies on the inside layers.
The butterflies are put together with a Dimensional, I like the way it makes them pop!  Also, I dabbed a little Crystal Effects on the centers of the flowers to add some shine and dimension.  
Supplies
Stamp Sets:  Apothecary Art, Papillon Potpourri
Ink:  Certainly Celery, Pretty in Pink (both retired)
Paper:  Whisper White, Certainly Celery DSP (retired)
Punches:  Bitty & Elegant Butterfly
Extras:  Big Shot, Labels Collection Framelits, Pearls

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you liked your card Kathy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! I made this cheery birthday card for a good friend of mine using the Happy Birthday Gorgeous  stamp set and the Naturally Eclectic DS...