Friday, June 21, 2013

Simply Pressed Clay

Hello!  I finally got some time to play again with the new Simply Pressed Clay and Molds a couple of days ago.  Here's what I made:
I love these!  They are so much fun and easy to make.  The clay is white and all I did was add 2-3 drops of re-inker and worked it into the clay (wear gloves!).  One hint I must give you is...do not set it on paper...the paper will stick to it!  I'm so used to working on a paper mat that I never thought about it sticking.
Here are what the molds look like.  There are many demonstrators out there with great hints on how to get the clay out of the molds without deforming the flowers or buttons.  The way that worked the best for me was to put the mold into my freezer for about 10 minutes and then they popped right out.
  Here's a close up of the medium sized button with a piece of Linen Thread.  
The yellow blossom is a full size of the smallest blossom in the mold.  The other two were just little pieces of clay I had left over, so I pressed them into the center of the mold to see what they would look like, I thought they came out cute too!
Supplies
Simply Pressed Clay (130685) $6.95  (This 2.4 oz pouch will make a ton)
Buttons & Blossoms Simply Pressed Clay Molds (131272) $7.95
Various Ink Refills $2.95 each

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

August Calendar

Hello!  I want to let you know that I will be taking a week or two off from blogging. We are going to be moving this week and I need to focu...