Wednesday, July 17, 2013

3D Convention Swaps

Hi!  Early this morning I left for Salt Lake City to attend the Stampin' Up! 25th Anniversary Convention.  This evening I am having dinner with Dawn Olchefske and 6 other DOstamperSTARS where we will be swapping cards and 3D items.  I decided that after dinner we will all need a piece of chocolate so I made these mini candy/treat bags that contain a Lindt Truffle.
I used the Epic Day This and That DSP...I love this paper.  
Here's the pattern for the mini bag.  It takes one 6 1/4" x  5 1/2" piece of DSP or card stock.
The first step is to score the DSP (see above measurements), my Simply Scored Scoring Tool works perfectly for this. Next, cut off the sections you don't need,  then cut along the necessary score lines, and last, fold on all of the remaining score lines. 
Next, glue the narrow side flap to the opposite side, and all four of the bottoms flaps together.  Fill the box and tape closed (I used the coordinating Washi tape - love, love, love this stuff!!).  Then I punched a 7/8" Scallop Circle and attached it with Multipurpose Liquid Glue.  I made some medium Simply Pressed Clay flowers (I mixed Calypso Coral Ink with the white clay) and also attached them with Multipurpose Liquid Glue.  Last, I added the "For You" tag which was stamped with the Itty Bitty Banners stamp set.  I was very happy with how cute these turned out! 

Thanks for stopping by!  

1 comment:

  1. These are so cute Connie - thanks for sharing the instructions. I feel lucky to be the recipient of one of these darling boxes ;) Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete

Moon Baby Shower Card

Hello!  I made this card for a baby shower gift. The pink DSP is called Pretty in Pink and was retired eons ago!  I cut out the umbrella...