Sunday, July 21, 2013

Record Breaking Card

Hello!  Well, I am safely home from Convention.  Boy, am I tired!!!  What a fabulous time, if you ever get the chance to go to a Stampin' Up! Convention, do it!  I was lucky enough to for the second year in a row, both times were a lot of fun, and very educational.  My favorite part is when the fabulous Stampin' Up! home office staff demonstrates our wonderful products.  How creative they are!

One special hi-light for me this year was setting the Guinness World record for sending the most cards from a single location.  I waited in line for one hour and twenty minutes with two wonderful girls from Kansas and another from Edmonton, Canada in order to do this.  While I was very tired,  I had lot of fun too. Here's the card I mailed:
My son, Kyle, should be receiving this card any day now.  I thought really hard about who to send this card to.  I have so many people in my family who are supportive so I knew I wanted it to be one of them,  and then it came to me...ever since Kyle was little he's been talking about World records, and I wanted him to be a part of setting one.  He probably won't like me saying this, but he's so much help to me when I'm stamping.  I go to him quite often for advice on which color of this or that to add to my cards.  He's always very patient with me (even when I've interrupted his listening to music), and really is a ton of help!  So, this was a thank you card letting him how much I appreciate all of his help.
Look at the Whisper White strip of card stock, I made this using the Remember This and That Rotary Stamp (only $5.95)!!!!  I love this stamp and it's so very versatile...worked out perfectly for this card,  now Kyle will always remember (because I'm sure he'll keep this card forever!!!!) which day all of the wonderful Stampin' Up! Convention attendees broke the record!  WooHoo!

Supplies
Stamp Sets:  Clock Works, You're Amazing
Paper:  Smokey Slate, Basic Gray, Basic Black, Whisper White
Ink:  Basic Gray, Smokey Slate
Big Shot Supplies:  Argyle Embossing Folder
Punch:  Ticket Duo Builder
Extras:  Remember This and That Rotary Stamp, Dimensionals

Thanks for stopping by.  I got a ton of stamp sets at Convention, and hopefully I'll be able to get some stamping done this week so I can show you some samples.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Moon Baby Shower Card

Hello!  I made this card for a baby shower gift. The pink DSP is called Pretty in Pink and was retired eons ago!  I cut out the umbrella...