Friday, November 29, 2013

Snowman Gift Card Holder

Hello!  This is my version of a snowman gift card holder.  I've seen a few around and just had to make one of my own.  We give a lot of gift cards for Christmas so I love finding cute little ways to package them.




























Isn't he cute?  I used the smallest Envelope Liner Framelits Die to make the base and hat.  The eyes were made using the smallest Circle Framelit, the for the mouth I used a hole punch and the nose was cut freehand.  The star is from the Circle Thinlits set.
                                                                           














For the base I folded a 4 1/4" x 6 1/2" piece of Whisper White card stock and placed the folded edge just inside the left edge of the framelit and then ran it through my Big Shot.  I placed a scrap piece of Basic Black card stock just on the top part of the framelit to be used for his hat.
After I cut the base I trimmed off the smaller top part on one half.  Here's what the cut out pieces look like.  I Glued the Whisper White piece on bottom and right edge to form a pocket.

Here's the front/back views.  We made these at my Make & Take earlier this month too.  The gift card fits perfectly.  I used the Stampin' White Chalk Marker on his eyes.  Love this marker!!!  The to/from stamp is from the Stamp a Tag Kit in the Holiday Mini.

Supplies
Paper:  Whisper White, Basic Black, Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie
Ribbon:  Cherry Cobbler 1/2" Seam Binding
Extras:  Big Shot, Envelope Liner Framelits, Circle Framelits

Thank you so much for stopping by!



1 comment:

  1. That's adorable! An original idea using the envelope liner. Who would have thunk it!

    Ter ;)

    ReplyDelete

August Calendar

Hello!  I want to let you know that I will be taking a week or two off from blogging. We are going to be moving this week and I need to focu...