Saturday, December 28, 2013

Good Things Happen Jar

Hello!  I got this great idea from a post my friend, Laurie Zoellmer, had on her facebook page yesterday.  Every time something good happens in 2014 my family and I are going to write it down on a piece of paper and put it into this jar. Then next New Years Eve we will take out all the notes and read them.  It is so easy to dwell all of the bad things that happen and sometimes the good things (the little ones anyway) are forgotten.  This way we'll be able to celebrate all of the good things all over again.  :)
I wanted to make a cheery jar since it will be filled with good things, so what better paper to use than the Gingham Garden DSP.  I thought this sentiment from the Yippee-Skippee! stamp set was just right for my label.  I added a strip of coordinating Washi tape to the top of the canning jar.
I wasn't sure how I was going to cut a hole in the jar lid, but then I thought why not make a paper lid with my Circles Collection Framelits.  It fit perfectly!!!

Supplies
Stamp Set:  Yippee-Skippee!
Paper:  Gingham Garden DSP, Whisper White, Island Indigo
Ink:  Melon Mambo
Ribbon:  Daffodil Delight 1/2" Seam Binding
Extras:  Big Shot, Labels and Circle Collection Framelits, Washi Tape, Key Charm

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you decide to make your own jar to keep all your "good things that happen" notes.

1 comment:

Mitten Banner

Hello! Just a quick post today showing you this cute little mitten banner I made using the Many Mittens Framelits Dies and my Big shot. ...