Thursday, January 23, 2014

DOstamperSTARS Challenge


Hello!  Today is a DOstamper STARS color challenge.  I have to admit that I would have never picked these three colors to work with.  (Which is one of the reasons I love these challenges, they get me to try things that I normally wouldn't.)  As a matter of fact, I bet I still own most of my original pack of Tangerine Tango!  Anyway, when I pulled out a sheet of each of the colors I was shocked,  they look awesome together!
It really took me all week to figure out what I wanted to make, finally I had an inspiration...one of our Art teachers at school is expecting so I decided to make her (and her husband, our PE teacher) a card.  I love the Zoo Babies stamp set and the new Banner Framelits Dies so I thought I'd use them together.
This little bird was too cute not to use, but I decided to use circle punches with him instead of the banners.  I used markers to color the bird and then stamped a second one in Coastal Cabana so I could cut out the wing and glue it on.

I will add links to Dawn Olchefske's and my fellow DOstamperSTARS blogs when I get home from work today so you can see their cards too.  I can't wait, it's always so fun to see what everyone comes up with!

Supplies
Stamp Set:  Zoo Babies
Paper:  Whisper White, Baked Brown Sugar, Tangerine Tango, Coastal Cabana
Ink/Markers:  Baked Brown Sugar, Tangerine Tango, Coastal Cabana
Punches:  1" & 1 1/4" Circle
Big Shot:  Banner Framelits, Decorative Dots Embossing Folder
Extras:  White Baker's Twine (dyed with rubbing alcohol and Tangerine Tango Ink)

Today is my Mom's Birthday and I'll be posting her card on Saturday.  We both thought it was pretty cool!  Boy, I was pretty chatty today! Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. I love you tip for coloring the Baker's Twine. The color is perfect for this card. Great card. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your selection of stamp sets....can't get enough of those Zoo Babies! Love the bird! TFS :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute! The teachers are going to love it. You might be asked to help in art class.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect baby card, Connie. Just darling! Thanks for participating in our DOstamperSTARS Thursday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Moon Baby Shower Card

Hello!  I made this card for a baby shower gift. The pink DSP is called Pretty in Pink and was retired eons ago!  I cut out the umbrella...