Saturday, January 25, 2014

Tag It Card in a Box

Hello!  I made this cool card for my Mom for her birthday which was on Thursday.  Happy Birthday Mom!

Isn't it cool?  I watched this video made by one of my fellow DOstamperSTARS, Robyn Rasset, to learn how to make it.  I'd seen some of these around and thought, "too much work", but Robyn made it look really easy with her tutorial.  Thanks Robyn.
 This DSP is called Birthday Basics and the box base is Gumball Green.  Two stamp sets were used, Tag It and Blue Ribbon.
 I used the smallest of the Banner Framelits Dies (2014 Occasion Mini) for the Mom and Grandma banners.
Here's the back of the card/box.  I like how there's a lot of room to write a message and sign names.  This folds up flat for mailing, but you really need a big envelope that will require extra postage (I didn't mind though...my mom's worth it!).  I might try and make a smaller one to fit in a standard envelope...we'll see.

Supplies
Stamp Sets:  Blue Ribbon, Tag It
Paper:  Gumball Green, Whisper White, Very Vanilla, Birthday Basics DSP
Ink/Markers:  Crisp Cantaloupe, Gumball Green, Basic Gray, Raspberry Ripple, Summer Starfruit,
                       Bermuda Bay
Punches:  1 3/4" Scallop, 1 3/8" Circle
Big Shot:  Ovals Collection and Banners Framelits

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Moon Baby Shower Card

Hello!  I made this card for a baby shower gift. The pink DSP is called Pretty in Pink and was retired eons ago!  I cut out the umbrella...