Thursday, February 13, 2014

Mini Milk Carton Valentine DSC#069

Hello!  I decided to kill two birds with one stone again and made a Valentine treat holder while fulfilling this weeks DOstamperSTARS color challenge.  I can't tell you the last time I pulled out my Mini Milk Carton Die or used my Simply Scored Borders Plate, but I decided to put them to use too, so, I guess that's three birds!  Here's the weekly challenge...
and here's what I made...
(I just have to say that this looks so much better in person.)  I used Smokey Slate for the Mini Milk Carton and used Melon Mambo for the trim piece on the bottom.  It's really hard to see, but I did use the Simply Scored Borders Plate on the Melon Mambo piece.  The only thing I had in Pink Pirouette was a marker, so I used that to ink my stamps (not my favorite way to that, but what can you do?!).
Here's another view.  I didn't think to add the little hearts on the milk carton until after I had it glued together which made it a little difficult to stamp on!  The little banner pieces go all the way around the carton.  The clip on the top has been retired for a long time.  

Stop by these fellow DOstamperSTARS blogs to see their terrific creations:

Supplies
Stamp Sets:  Banner Blast, That's the Ticket
Ink:  Smokey Slate, Melon Mambo, Pink Pirouette
Paper:  Whisper White, Smokey Slate, Melon Mambo
Punches:  Banner, Ticket Duo  Builder
Big Shot:  Mini Milk Carton Die
Extras:  Simply Scored Border Plate

1 comment:

  1. Cute treat box and a great Valentine gift for the office.

    ReplyDelete

August Calendar

Hello!  I want to let you know that I will be taking a week or two off from blogging. We are going to be moving this week and I need to focu...