Sunday, February 2, 2014

Valentine Card in a Box

Hi!  I just had to share this cute Valentine in a box that we made at my stamping class yesterday.  Last week I posted a birthday card in a box that I made following a friends recipe and mentioned that I might make a smaller one.  Well, I did it!  This size fits into a Medium Stampin' Up! envelope and you only need a 8 /12" x 11" piece of card stock to make the base.
I love this card!  Each side measures 2 1/2" across.  Here's how I made it:

My paper size is 10 1/2" x 5 1/2".  On the long side I scored at 2 1/2", 5", 7 1/2" & 10".  Rotate and score at 2 3/8" on the 5" side.  I put the 1/2" score line at the top and stopped scoring as I reached the last score line (2 1/2").  As you can see I cut off the small tab on the top right.  The bottom tab will be used to glue the card together to form the box base.  The smaller flaps go on the top and will fold down towards the outside of the box.
 Use your bone folder on all scored lines and fold all flaps (except for the taller back piece) so they lay down nicely.
Here's a photo of all the small pieces that I added to the card.  You'll need to cut the following pieces:
1 - 2 1/4" x 5 1/4" of DSP (goes on the back inside panel)
1 - 2 1/4" x 5 1/4" of Very Vanilla (this goes on the back side of the box for the sentiment)
3 - 2 1/4" x 2 1/8" DSP for top flaps (I did not decorate the underside)
3 - 2 1/4" x 2 7/8" DSP for the bottom sides
2 - 3" x 1" Same color as the base (these  you will put inside the box at the top to attach decorations to).
Plus you'll need scraps for whatever you decide to add for decorations.
Here are the side views.  I used a small heart and a 1/4" piece of paper to make the arrow.
The "Love Ya" word bubble and the Primrose heart are attached to a 1/2" x 1 1/2" strip of Window Sheets.
Supplies
Stamp Sets:  Love You More, Hearts a Flutter, Just Sayin'
Paper:  Real Red, Primrose Petals, Very Vanilla, Pool Party, Silver Foil Sheets, Window Sheets, 
            Retired DSP
Ink:  Primrose Petals, Pool Party, Real Red
Punch:  Small Heart
Big Shot:  Hearts a Flutter and Word Bubbles Framelits Dies, Circle Card Thinlits, Decorative Dots
                 Folder 
Extras:  Simply Scored Scoring Tool, Dimensionals, Glue Dots

If you have any questions let me know and I'll be happy to answer them.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Moon Baby Shower Card

Hello!  I made this card for a baby shower gift. The pink DSP is called Pretty in Pink and was retired eons ago!  I cut out the umbrella...