Tuesday, March 4, 2014

So Very Grateful Frame

Hello!  During the month of March I have the honor of being the guestSTAR on Dawn Olchefske's group (DOstamperSTARS) Facebook page!!!  How exciting right???  I will post a project each Saturday on that private page and then I'll share it on this blog the following Tuesday.  Here's the first project...
  I love, love, love this frame!  It turned out exactly like I was hoping it would.  : ) Here's how I made it:
Using the Labels Collection Framelits I cut: 1 Watercolor paper out with the 2nd largest frame, 2 Midnight Muse using the largest frame, then take one of the Midnight Muse pieces and cut out the center using the 3rd largest frame. I have two smaller Midnight Muse pieces for the back support pieces, one measures 2" x 4" (scored at 1/2" on one of the 2" ends) and the other is 1 1/2" x 2" (both of the 1 1/2" ends scored at 1/2").  You'll need some scrap Water Color paper for the smaller image.
 I stamped the images with Jet Black Stazon and colored them using a Blender Pen and my ink pads. You can use an Aqua Painter as well.  As you can see I cut out the smaller image and a couple of extra flower centers.
I mounted the Watercolor paper to the back frame piece and added Dimensionals to the back of the front frame piece.  Then I mounted the front piece on top of the back.
Here's how I mounted the support pieces onto the back of the frame.
Here's a closeup of the bottom, you can see that I added some pearls, and it's hard to tell, but I did add an additional layer to the center of the largest flower.

Supplies
Stamp Set:  So Very Grateful
Ink:  2012-2104 In Colors
Paper:  Midnight Muse, Watercolor Paper
Big Shot:  Labels Collection Framelits
Extras:  Dimensionals, Pearl Basic Jewels, Simply Scored Scoring Tool

Hope you liked this project, thanks for stopping by today!!


1 comment:

  1. This is very pretty---thanks so much for a great tutorial---wish I could fussy cut that good!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Mitten Banner

Hello! Just a quick post today showing you this cute little mitten banner I made using the Many Mittens Framelits Dies and my Big shot. ...