Thursday, July 10, 2014

DSC#90

Hello!  As you can see, today is a color challenge for the DOstamperSTARS.  I wasn't too sure about this combo, but I like how my card turned out.  When I showed my son the card the first thing he said was, "I like those colors."  :)
As soon as I saw this new Cupcake Party stamp set I knew I had to have it, and the coordinating punch. (This card was inspired by the sample card in the Stampin' Up! 2014-2015 catalog.)  After I added the 1/2" strips of paper, I thought they looked a little plain, but since they were already glued down so I couldn't do much.  Then I thought about the Age Awareness Photopolymer stamp set, and wouldn't you know it, the words fit perfectly on my strips of paper!!  Since those stamps are completely clear I was able to stamp them on there perfectly!  Yippee!!  That's my kind of stamping!  lol

Supplies:
Stamp Sets:  Age Awareness, Cupcake Party
Paper:  Crumb Cake, Whisper White, Crushed Curry, Coastal Cabana
Ink:  Crumb Cake, Coastal Cabana, Crushed Curry
Punch:  Cupcake Builder

Take some time and hop on over to my fellow STARS blogs:

Weren't there some terrific cards this week? I love them all.  Thanks for stopping by!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Cute cupcakes Connie! I almost bought that stamp set too, guess next order it is a must.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovin' those cupcakes Connie - very cute! Thanks for playing along for this week's DOstamperSTARS Thursday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it when stamp sets have coordinating punches. Great birthday card.

    ReplyDelete

DSC#232 Custom Tee

Hello!  When I first saw this week's color challenge I grabbed some flower stamp sets to work with. Then I thought I should take a ...