Wednesday, August 20, 2014

DSC#095

Hello!  Loved the colors in this weeks challenge.  I decided to use the 2014-2016 In Colors for my project.
So, I found these great 4 x 6 inch 50 page notebooks at Walgreens this week 7/$1.00.  What a deal!  Just couldn't pass that up, and they are so fun to decorate!  I cut a piece of Lost Lagoon card stock the same size as the cover and used my Multipurpose Liquid glue to attach it.  Then I stamped it with a couple of stamps from the Gorgeous Grunge stamp set using Mossy Meadow and Lost Lagooon ink.  Next, I used Chocolate Chip, Hello Honey and Tangelo Twist inks with my new Fall Fest stamp set.  Look how nice they are cut out...that's because this set has matching Framelits!!!!  Yep, they're called Fun Fall Framelits Dies, boy do they save a lot of cutting time.  I used the Liquid Glue to attach these as well.
Here's a close up, I took three strips of Linen Thread, tied them into a bow and glued it onto the leaves.  This project took me all of 10 minutes, super quick and easy!  I plan on making more to give as little gifts.

Hop on over to my fellow stars blogs and see what they'e made:
(I have an all day meeting that starts early, so I may not get the links posted until Thursday evening)

Supplies
Stamp Sets:  Fall Fest, Gorgeous Grunge
Paper:  Whisper White, Lost Lagoon
Ink:  Hello Honey, Lost Lagoon, Mossy Meadow, Tangelo Twist, Chocolate Chip
Big Shot:  Fun Fall Framelits Dies
Extras:  Linen Thread

Thank you so much for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. How do you get your colored paper to go so perfectly around the spiral binding on the notebook? Can you share some tricks or maybe a tutorial? Thanks! Andrea H

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andrea,
      I made a tutorial for making the mini notebooks, you can see it here: http://www.cpstamping.blogspot.com/2014/08/kinda-eclectic-mini-notebook.html

      Connie

      Delete
  2. Lucky find on the notebooks! Cute project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa, 7 for $1.00. Heck of a deal. Great project, Connie! Thanks for playing along for the DOstamperSTARS Thursday Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete

Number of Years

Hello! Our Grand Niece turns 1 today and this is the card I made for her. I know this doesn't look very child like, but I wanted to ...