Sunday, August 24, 2014

Kinda Eclectic Mini Notebook

Hello!  I had a couple of people ask me how I made the mini notebook I shared on Thursday's blog posting so I thought I'd make a tutorial so you can see how easy it really was.
First, I removed the spiral wire from the notebook. (I used a needle-nose pliers to straighten out the end that was twisted in.)  Next, I cut a piece of Crumb Cake card stock 4" x 6" and applied Multipurpose Liquid Glue to one side. Then I placed it on top of the notebook cover and pressed firmly.  You could use a Bone Folder too.
I used my Paper Snips to cut off the square corners.
The next thing I did was to take my 1/8" paper punch and punch out the holes in the card stock using the original cover as my guide.  
I stamped the cover before putting the notebook back together, this way the wire doesn't get in the way of stamping!  I used the Kinda Eclectic stamp set with Crumb Cake and Blackberry Bliss inks.
Here's the finished notebook.  I punched out a Blackberry Bliss butterfly using the Elegant Butterfly punch.  I stamped the little one with Blackberry Bliss ink onto Very Vanilla card stock and punched it out with the Bitty Butterfly punch.  The leaves were stamped onto Very Vanilla card stock with Mossy Meadow ink and cut out by hand. I stamped the image twice so the second one is lighter.
Here's a close up of the butterfly, I used a short piece of Linen Thread to make a bow.  Everything was glued on using the Multipurpose Liquid Glue, it's by far my favorite adhesive.  :)

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have fun making your own mini notebook!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the tutorial & for the reminder about walgreen's sale! I went & stocked up on the notebooks while they were on sale & got lots of other great deals that week :) I would've thought that taking the spiral binding off & getting it back on was hard, but I think I will give it a try--your notebooks look great! Thanks for sharing! Andrea H

    ReplyDelete

DSC#236 Butterfly Basics

Hello!  This week's challenge was a color combo that I would have never put together on my own, I guess it works though. I can'...