Saturday, November 29, 2014

Mini Christmas Tree

Hello!  I am having another knee surgery next week and we decided that I would forgo putting out my six large boxes of Christmas decorations since putting it all away would be a challenge.  So, since I couldn't stand not having anything out I decided that I would stamp some decorations that I could just throw away after the holidays.  Well, one thing led to another and I must say that some of them I will not be tossing!  lol  Here's the first one I will share...this was the easiest project ever and I love the way it turned out.
It even looks crooked, just like a real tree!  lol  First I decorated one of the Tiny Treat Boxes with the Under the Tree Specialty DSP.  I punched a small hole in the center of the top just large enough to poke a small wooden skewer in.  Second, I cut out 3 different sizes of stars using my Stars Framelits.  Third, I ran each one through the Texture Boutique Machine in the Decorative Dot folder.  Fourth, after  poking a hole in the center of each star, I slid it onto the skewer leaving a little space between each one and alternating the points.  Last, I cut two stars out of Silver Glimmer paper, sponged them with Hello Honey ink and glued them onto the top of the stick.  That's it!  It went really fast too.  Here's another view...
I can see from this photo that I sponged the edges of each star too.  Thanks for stopping by and I hope you all are enjoying your holiday weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Online Extravaganza Begins!

Hello! I'm usually not too pushy about the selling part of Stampin' Up! since I am really a hobbyist at heart. However, this we...