Wednesday, July 27, 2016

DSC#191 Reason of the Season


Hi!  We have a sketch challenge this week that just screamed Christmas and Reason for the Season at me.  I know I just used this stamp set a couple of weeks ago, but I couldn't resist using it again.


As you can see I stamped one of the poinsettias directly onto the Very Vanilla card base and the other one I stamped onto Cherry Cobbler and Always Artichoke paper and then punched out the petals/leaves with the Festive Flower Builder punch.  The sentiment was punched out using the Decorative Label punch.  The curved edge of the oval piece of Very Vanilla was sponged with Sahara Sand ink.


Here's a close up showing how I traced over the flower petal veins with my Wink of Stella Glitter Brush - love, love, love this product.  It adds a bit of glitter without all the mess!!! I used a Bone Folder to curl up the edges of the poinsettia.

Lets go check out what my fellow STARS have made:

Supplies
Stamp Set:  Reason for the Season
Paper:  Very Vanilla, Cherry Cobbler, Always Artichoke, Crushed Curry
Ink:  Cherry Cobbler, Always Artichoke, Crushed Curry, Crumb Cake
Punches:  Festive Flower Builder, Decorative Label
Extras:  Wink of Stella Glitter Brush, Dimensionals, Sponge

As always, thanks for stopping by!


3 comments:

  1. I was hoping someone would do something Christmas with it - this is perfect! I love it. It'd be a great card for doing in mass because it's easy enough to replicate but detailed enough to still feel special!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute card Connie. The Christmas theme worked out perfect. Wish I could get the Christmas spirit, but guess too early for me yet. LOL! 😀😅😀

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job with a Christmas twist...Thanks for playing along for this weeks DOstamperSTARS Thursday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

DSC#232 Custom Tee

Hello!  When I first saw this week's color challenge I grabbed some flower stamp sets to work with. Then I thought I should take a ...